About This Blog

Before Christmas 2011 I decided that it would be a great idea to maintain a journal of all my experiences within Costa Rica and rewrite it into this online blog. I have not kept any form of diary or journal before, and this is my first blog I have created.

Eight Important Things: I just wanted to note these briefly before I move on to the content out of my journal as follows: 
  1. I wrote this in my own English, meaning I am not going to jazz it up with sexy words and I want people of all ages and backgrounds to be able to read this. So it will remain non-technical and somewhat imperfect.
  2. Each post I religiously entered on a daily basis is marked by a time stamp of when I made the entry, not the time each thing occurred unless specified, and that said everything included here on inwards is nothing short of honest and truthful, taken from my original black leather, slightly destroyed, journal that I will forever cherish.   
  3. The pages provided for Saturday and Sunday were half the size, and so this is the reason for the weekend posts appearing shorter in comparison to the rest.  
  4. I have tried not to report the unnecessary and where possible I will go into detail as, for the most part, I left myself specific entries of daily occurrences so I would relive and remember that day upon reading them. 
  5. The reason for this blog is to digitise my precious journal to preserve my memories, as well as to share it among friends, family, colleagues and to anyone else who is intrigued by my stories.   
  6. For the most part I have altered this online version to make it impersonal and when I have written about animals I have written them with a capitalised first letter e.g. Monkey, when I give something a name I use ‘single quotes’ and when I quote someone else I have tried to use “double quotation marks.”  
  7. To navigate through my blog once you reach the bottom of the page you will discover viewing "Older Post" and "Newer Post" buttons, or through the "Contents Page" tab. 
  8. All photos, videos and content is of my own, unless stated otherwise, so please ask permission of the author for use of any material posted herein.  If you wish to view larger images, simply click on the embedded photos for gallery mode (alternatively press Ctrl or Cmd + Click for full-screen views) . 

    Photo wise, obviously I have had to select the best out of my collection of over 10,000 images I took during my time in Costa Rica and so if you would like to see more or request information on more again please feel free to contact me. 

    Enjoy videos? then please open my youtube playlist before, during or after reading my blog whether you have a general interest or are interested in something more specific.  175 videos of mine, of various quality, can be found here.

    I also like to get to the point, so I am going to end these short introductory sections now by talking about Costa Rica and my new home for one last brief section.