• Day 012: Thursday January 12th


00:40 After my routine bed sweep I can officially state, Tarantula Hawk Wasps and Scorpions are the scariest creatures alive! Or added to the list of animals I dislike within my personal space/room at least.  Sweet dreams…
Cute Kitchen Mantis (D.Philpot)
22:00 Did not see anything in particular snorkelling again, but although I say this each and every snorkel session I literally find to incredible to put into words, I love duck-diving down and spending time among the fishes.  Could easily do it for the rest of my life.  
 
A Juvenile Lobster (D.Philpot)


A Triggerfish (D.Philpot)

I got some very nice photos today too and managed to get out to the ‘left corner’ near the channelled passage between the Pacific Ocean and this lagoon quickly at low tide.  In this area you tend to see larger schools of larger fish including Chubs, Snook and Dog Snappers, but it is also the area that becomes wavy and bubbly first so not too often you can spend time here. I did get some good shallow tidepool photos though...
Sunbathing - Mexican Dancers (Left), Sea Hare (Right) (D. Philpot)
A Shallow Puffer (D.Philpot)


Shallow Puffer Close-Up (D.Philpot)

Another Cool Crab I Don't Know (D.Philpot)

Wandering Crab (D.Philpot)

I spent some time in the afternoon up at the lab, partly wasted but also partly not, and then  I collected wood with the German guy for a fire. We ended up building a good looking fire before preparing some onion, pepper, beef and tomatoes (instead of pineapple) for kebab sticks.

Most of the way through the fire and meal I spotted at least 3 sets of yellow-eyed shadows moving along the shoreline, hiding between rocks in the intertidal tidepools.  The wildlife was attracted to the BBQ, we heard animals in the trees above us and then in the El Comedor a Racoon wandered on through before heading towards us.  We sat/stood silently as the curious animal walked right by our feet, hopped over the logs that surround the fire area, then walked by the fire but apparently they prefer pineapple to tomato as well as us and thus we never got a descent photo.
Another Gorgeous Sunset (D.Philpot)

Techincal Bonfire (D.Philpot)

Rise Of A Phoenix (D.Philpot)

3 Ft Fire, 6 Ft Flame (D.Philpot)
The food is actually running pretty low at the moment but I got word that there will be a delivery tomorrow so yay!

Bonfire Visitor - A Large Cockroach (D.Philpot)

Cockroach To Scale (D.Philpot)

Brushing Teeth For Bed (D.Philpot)