• Day 014: Saturday January 14th


10:30 Well the 05:45 start was a killer but so worth it though not for helping the scientist plankton tow for amphipods but for a certain critter.  
 
The View Of The Scientist Ahead (D.Philpot)


The View Behind Me, See Video (D.Philpot)

The scientist turned around from the ocean to face me on the beach and said “turn around,” and there was another BEAUTIFUL Vested Tamandua (Anteater) on the floor.  I got an great video of it as I froze, filming it strole about on the beach before walking right on by me less than a metre away before looping back on itself and deciding to climb a tree instead.  I loved this interaction with this beautiful animal, and cannot believe my luck in how close he willingly got.

See here for one of my favourite videos of the trip: The Return Of The Anteater

22:05 The rest of the day was encompassed by relaxing, hiking to the waterfall to catch Amphipods and find a large male species of shrimp that is rarely seen among the leaf litter in the stacked pools here.  We found a couple but nothing substantial, and after returning for lunch I was feeling quite rough so I put the lab work off for tomorrow.  The scientist leaves in the morning, they were a nice bunch of people and I look forward to what tomorrow brings.